Saturday, January 1, 2011

Style Challenges: Pick One

I read an article on CollegeFashion today that listed 5 style challenges they recommended trying. You can read the full article HERE or you can read on for a shorter summary:

1. The Uniform Project. Wear the same article of clothing every day for a year.
Why would anyone want to do this? I don't get it. Can you imagine doing laundry every day? Please...

2. No Jeans for a Month. Wear whatever you want, as long as it's not jeans.
This one is actually quite interesting, and perhaps even doable for me. I used to only wear jeans, but in the past few months I've branched out to skirts, shorts, etc.

3. A Month Dedicated to Dresses. No pants, no skirts, no tops.
Oh this one sounds like so much fun! Unlike the first challenge, you would actually get to wear different articles of clothing, as long as they were dresses! :) It's not very practical for winter in Oregon, but I think I shall definitely return to this one sometime in the future.

4. Thirty for Thirty. Pick 30 items from your wardrobe (shoes and jackets included) and wear only those 30 items for 30 days.
I also want to try this one sometime. Kendi Everyday did it and it was super fun to see how she remixed her items to create new looks.

5. Six Items or Less. Pick 6 items from your wardrobe to remix for 30 days. Shoes and jackets not included.
No. Never. Absolutely not. Go away.


#1 and #5 are big fat NOs. But really, I think #2, #3, and #4 would be quite fun and challenging. I don't think I'm ready to take on 30 for 30 yet, and as I said already, it's not practical to wear dresses for a whole month during winter in Oregon.

So it looks like I'll be trying #2: No Jeans for a Month! If I had seen this article last week, I may have attempted to try it in January, but since I just found it today I think I'll postpone this one until February.

Anyone want to try a style challenge with me? Even if you don't think you could do any of these 5, create you own and stick to it for a month. Let me know if you're going to do one! :)