Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Music Monday: St. Lola in the Fields

I know what you are doing right now. You are double checking the day on the bottom right corner of your screen, aren't you? Well stop checking, because I know very well that it's not Monday. I'm doing this today (Wednesday) because on Monday I forgot it was Monday, and on Tuesday I remembered I forgot it was Monday the day before and decided to wait until next Monday to do a Music Monday post, but today (Wednesday) I changed my mind and decided to do Music Monday today even though it's Wednesday and not Monday. Got it? Good. Let's carry on.
Their Name: St. Lola in the Fields
Their Style: Indie/Alternative
Similar To/Sounds Like: Lily Allen, Florence + the Machine, Imogen Heap

You can tell this indie duo isn't well known because their album does not have it's own Wikipedia article, and I can't even remember the last time I looked up an album that didn't have its own article. Gasp! Also, I couldn't hardly any of their songs on YouTube. In fact, I never even would have heard of them if not for Amazon recommending them to me. So thank you, Amazon!

Apparently the singer for this group (Cindy Morgan) is semi-well-known as a solo artist in the Christian music realm, but I've never been a big Christmas music fan so I can't tell you if that's true or not. For this project, though, she teamed up with a guy named Jeremy Bose and they made music together. The result is kind of awesome.

Like I said, I couldn't find all of their songs on YouTube, but you can listen to samples and download the whole album an Amazon for only $5, which is cheaper than on iTunes where it costs $10. By the way, did anyone else know you can download music off of Amazon or am I just a dummy? I just got The Decemberists brand new CD for only $3.99! And it so awesome to just download it immediately instead of having to wait for a CD in the mail. Anyways...

I'll just leave you with a link to the CD on Amazon since I can't get the YouTube videos. Click HERE to go there.

High Atop the Houses and the Towns
1. Fly
2. Hold Me
3. Go Don't Go
4. He's in Love
5. Waking Up With You
6. Don't Say
7. Sunny
8. Unless
9. Yes I Do
10. Fix
11. Say Goodbye

They're kind of a calmer, more bluesy version of Florence + the Machine. Great easy listening.