Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Outfit: When Disaster Strikes --- Day 11: Music!

Last night when I was deciding what to wear to work today, I just decided to be lazy and wear my favorite outfit ever, which is this:
I've already worn it twice the exact same way, and I was going to wear it again today exactly the same way. It's just so perfect I don't think I could ever bring myself to change anything about it.

But then, disaster struck. As I was getting dressed this morning, one of the two buttons that keep the skirt closed (there is no zipper or anything like that) popped off. It flew off just like in the Subway commercials with all the people blowing the buttons off their pants!

So what was I to do? I could have worn it anyways, as there was still one other button, but what if I decided to blow that one off my skirt while I was at work? I couldn't risk it, so I decided I needed to wear a different skirt. After picking my new skirt, I then decided to wear a different pair of tights. Then I decided to wear boots instead of heels. And then I decided to change my top. And then I added some jewelry. And 10 minutes after the initial explosion that rocked my closet, this is what I ended up wearing:
I'm actually kind of proud of this. I know that sounds silly, but really I usually am horrible at choosing clothes to wear at the last second. That's why I always pick out my clothes the night before. So for me to come out of this not looking like a rugrat is quite an accomplishment, in my opinion.*Pats self on the back*


And now the continuation of the 30 Day Challenge... (click HERE to see all topics)

Day 11: Put your iPod on shuffle and list the first 10 songs that come up.

I've downloaded a bunch of new music lately and haven't synced it to my iPod yet, so I'm going to do this on my iTunes instead of my iPod, okay? Good, I knew you wouldn't mind.

1. Let Your Love Grow Tall by Passion Pit
2. If You Return by Maximum Balloon
3. I Belong to You by Muse
4. Manhattan by Kings of Leon
5. Little Shadow by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6. Loose Ends by Imogen Heap
7. Eat That Up, It's Good for You by Two Door Cinema Club
8. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + the Machine (LOVE this song)
9. Thistle and Weeds by Mumford and Sons
10. Now You're Gone by Basshunter

A nice mix of techno, rock, pop, and folk. Fun!