Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 6: 30 Facts

Click HERE to see the full list of topics.

Day 6: 30 Interesting Facts About Yourself.
Oh gosh, 30? Alright kiddos, fasten your seat belts, because here I go.

1. When I was 6 or so, my I helped my sister try to bury our dog in a hole in the backyard. Needless to say, our dad did not think it was as funny as we did.

2. The only movie that has ever scared me to the point of nightmares is Creature from the Black Lagoon.3. I have lived in/been to 4 different continents. I have lived in North America (duh) and Australia (was there for a year when I was 3), and visited Europe (2 weeks in France in 2010) and Asia (1 month in Vietnam in 2008).

4. I used to be obsessed with the the game Zoo Tycoon, and probably still would be if I had it installed on mylaptop. Hm... perhaps I'll do that when I get home today!

5. When I was little it was my dream to become a present-wrapper at Emporium.

6. After moving past my goal to become a full time present-wrapper, my next ambition was to play in the WNBA and start my own organization to help save the tigers.

7. I loved tiger so much that in the 7th grade I did a PowerPoint presentation on tigers for my computers class. I got 110 out of 100 on it.

8. At a speech competition during my freshman year, I had to give a speech in a boy's locker room. It was kind of weird.

9. I used to roller skate up and down my cul-de-sac and talk to myself like I was being interviewed for a TV show. Because, as you all know, roller skating is a very prestigious activity and professional roller skaters get interviewed for TV all the time.

10. The day of my high school graduation my dad had to go rent a car (he was leaving on a business trip the next day), and he ended up getting a bright blue 2010 Mustang. For fun, I had him take pictures of my with it, which I promptly posted on Facebook stating it was my graduation present. Even though it was over 6 months ago, I still occasionally have people asking me how I'm liking my new car.11. Like every other kid that grew up in the 90's, I liked Beanie Babies. I never took the tags off most of them because everyone said, "Oohhh, you'll be able to sell those someday for so much money." Yeah, I think we sold them for like 10 cents at a garage sale.

12. When I was 9 or so my mom wouldn't buy me an American Girl doll because they were overpriced (which they were), so I saved up my money and bought one all on my own. It is probably one of the most satisfying experiences I've had in my life so far.

13. I used to get a whole bunch of chocolate Kisses from my dad every year on Valentine's day and I would make them last a whole year until the next Valentine's day. If he still did that I would probably just eat them all in one day.

14. I HATE peanut butter. And it's not one of those things that's like, "Oh, I don't like this, but I'll eat it anyways". I seriously can't even stomach it. I'm pretty sure if I was forced to eat it I'd die. Oddly enough, though, I like peanuts. I'm a weirdo I guess.

15. I'm scared of open water, whether it's the ocean or a lake. I just can't stand the thought of not knowing what's underneath me.

16. While in Alaska visiting my sister, I caught my very first fish.
17. Not only did I catch my first fish, but I also filleted it with my bare hands. OK, well butchered or massacred would probably be better word choices than filleted, but still, the point is that I touched the inside of a fish with my bare hands.
18. I have never been able to do a cart-wheel.

19. One time in middle school I wore floor-length gaucho pants. I'm secretly a tiny bit grumpy at my mom now for letting me leave the house in them. Thankfully there are no pictures!

20. I grew up in a bedroom with pink walls and red carpet. It was scary.

21. Last year I had to get a mole taken off of my upper arm. After taking a look at it in a lab, they decided to take out more of my skin because it was potentially a melanoma mole (they never really decided for sure). They ended up carving out a hunk of flesh about 1.75 inches long and 1 inch deep. Looking at a piece of your own arm in a cup is a really weird experience. 22. The one time in my life I have been truly lost (which was at a fair in Australia), I let a complete stranger take me away to a modular set up in the middle of the fair. They gave me cookies and juice and I was perfectly content until my mom came and found me. Sometimes I wonder what would have happened to me if someone not as nice as the lady with the pink shirt had picked me up first.

23. I am running out of things to say.

24. While in France, I tried escargot. I ate it, and then promptly ran upstairs to un-eat it. Just take my word for it... never. eat. escargot.
25. I love doing 1000 piece puzzles. Anything less than 1000 is a wussy man's puzzle.

26. I have no idea how to wear a hat. Like, I know it goes on your head, but whenever I try one on I just look weird.

27. Unlike the rest of the world, I think Titanic is unbearably awful. After watching it I kind of hated Leonardo DiCaprio, though he did redeem himself slightly after his role in Inception (which was a ridiculously awesome movie, by the way.)

28. This is what I looked like when I was little. Does that count as a fact? I don't even know anymore, I'm just so ready for this to be over. 29. Uhhhh...... I like pizza?

30. Fact: I am super thrilled to be done with this.