Monday, January 31, 2011

Don't trust Rodarte

Ok, so I'm back off Rodarte. I've never been a big fan, filing them under: Emperor's New Clothes, sub-section: Slightly pointless labels whose collections always look exactly the same, are not something I would ever wear, and get way too much hype, plus what the hell is that extra piece of material there for.

I was, however, as excited as most people when I heard the Mulleavy sisters were to design the Black Swan costumes, thinking that while their floaty and extraneous-use-of-chiffon-and-sashes aesthetic is not something I see much need for in real life, it would translate beautifully into ballet costumes.

And they were gorgeous. But the label's attitude to their involvement in the film's costume design, less so...

Read an interview with the film's actual, credited costume designer HERE at the brilliant Clothes On Film.





And now, some celebrities looking stupid in Rodarte to hate on, in light of this news: