Saturday, January 29, 2011

Days 13 & 14: Dream Traveling and Memories

I ended up not doing my challenge blog yesterday (bad me!), so I'm doing two today to get caught up.
Click HERE to see the full list of topics.

Day 13: Somewhere you'd like to move or visit
Well, there are lots of places I'd like to visit, but not very many of them would I want to move to. So I'm separating these into two categories.

Somewhere I'd like to move:
Even though the people there aren't exactly the nicest, I would really love to live in France. On my trip there this summer I got to see Paris for a few days, and the rest of the 2 weeks was spent in Dijon. Dijon is in the middle of wine country, so as soon as you leave the city you are surrounded by vineyards. Gorgeous!
 I would love to live in one of the smaller towns outside of Dijon. The houses there are so beautiful and really unique (at least by American standards). If I ever did move to France, though, it would be like at retirement age.

Somewhere I'd Like to Visit:
Oh I could never pick just one! I'll limit myself to four.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
There is a direct flight that goes from the airport in Portland right to Amsterdam, so one of these days I may just hitch-hike my way up to the airport and hop on a plane and go! When I went to France we had to change planes in Amsterdam, and any city that looks that cool from the air has got to be totally awesome.

Cape Town, South Africa
I need to go so South Africa to find a guy to marry because South Africans have the coolest accent ever. Have you seen District 9? If not, you should! Even if you don't like alien movies, you have to see it just for the accents!

New Zealand
No, I do not want to go hike to Mordor like a LOTR nerd. I want to go see the Milford Sound!

Santorini, Greece
If I decided to have a destination wedding I'd go to Santorini. The white houses all clustered together overlooking the insanely blue water? Swoooon.


OK, enough of that.
Day 14: Your earliest memory.
I don't remember very much from living in Australia for a year, but I was only 3 when we went there so the memories I do have would probably be my earliest. Obviously I don't remember what happened first, but I do remember being scared of an emu (hey, its beak looked pokey!), baking play-dough in the oven, and little green caterpillar-y things on Fiji. Wow, great memories, I know.