Thursday, January 27, 2011

NO SCHOOL + LOTS OF SNOW =CHUCK BAKING DELICIOUS GOODIES

What happens when my first week of graduate classes gets canceled due to 12+ inches of snow?
Well I end up at the grocery store, buying supplies for a day/evening full of baking.
What else am I supposed to do!?
I've already shoveled.
Now I'll bake and wait for the next round of snow to hit--which should be here sometime tomorrow morning.

I've been bookmarking tabs on my desktop for about 6 months now--that being the last time I can remember baking something other than Christmas cookies--and I think this week's snowfall is the right time to get back into the baking swing of things.

I really would like to try my hand at bread, but I'm going to stick with what I know and try my hand at some of these bookmarked options--plus, I really want to clear off my bookmark tab, it's getting a little congested, and the lack of organization is starting to seriously bug me.


Here are some of my baking options for the evening:



(I already make a mean chocolate pecan pie, I wonder what the addition of bourbon will do for it?)

(I think my sister-cousin might enjoy making these with me)




I've got a lot of options... and plenty of time.
I'll be sure to let all of you know what I finally choose to do.
Unfortunately you won't be able to share in the tasty delicious-ness, but I'll be sure to tell you about that as well :)



p.s. I really would like to make a cheesecake, but I don't have a flippin' spring form pan and I DESPERATELY want one... almost as bad as I want a Le Creuset French Oven (I just saw this one in black for the first time--I LOVE IT!).


Is anyone else being hit with snow?
If so, what are you doing with your extra downtime?!