Wednesday, January 12, 2011

If I Were Rich: Shoe Edition

You may or may not have noticed, but I most often feature dresses for my Here Not There blogs, and there's actually a reason behind that beyond that dresses are prettiest to look at. When it comes to online shopping (and real-life shopping, for that matter), I am least tempted to buy dresses. I'm not sure why... I suppose that - even though I really like a lot of the dresses I look at - I just really don't hold that dear of a place in my heart for mass produced dresses. I'm more into unique dresses, such as the vintage ones that I buy on Etsy.

Shoes, however, I am very tempted to buy, and as a result I severely limit the amount of time I let myself look at them. Whenever I end up looking at shoes, I always buy some. Always. Last week I went to GoJane.com, and no less that 15 minutes after I started looking I had already bought myself another pair of brown boots (hey, they were cheap!). Yesterday I made the mistake of looking on Charlotte Russe and I fell madly in love with a pair of tan ankle booties. I haven't bought them yet, but I do have them bookmarked and the only reason I haven't bought them yet is because they're a bit more expensive than I feel comfortable with. We shall see...

Today, though, I let myself look without fear of spending; I only let myself look at the expensive shoes, because even I have my limits when it comes to shoe shopping. I once spent $60 on a pair of shoes and regretted it for days, even though I do really love the shoes. So for my pretend shopping trip today I only let myself look at shoes above $60.

My top picks from ModCloth (abbr. MC), Ruche, Lulu's, Urban Outfitters (abbr. UO), and Seychelles Footwear:

$60-$75:
$76-$100:

$101-$125:

$126-$150:

$151-$175:

$175+:
My very favorite pair of shoes out of the whole group, naturally, is the most expensive at $222. Curse my expensive tastes! They have been bookmarked on my laptop for quite some time now, and I make occasional visits to it just to make sure they are still there. I would never buy them at that price so I'm not really sure why I care, but the thought of them being gone, or them not having my size anymore, makes me want to boo-hoo. May it never be!