Monday, January 31, 2011

A Bunch of Text

No pictures for this blog... try not to fall asleep!

A few quick notes:
-I still have one opening left on my Pay It Forward challenge. Check it out! Never mind!
-You probably don't care, but I am wearing a super cute outfit today and my camera battery is dead. Boooo. That's what I get for not checking it before I left the house, I guess.
-Don't forget to check out my shoe blog!

Enough of that! On to the 30 Day Challenge. I'd doing 2 days again because I missed yesterday. Click HERE for the full list of topics.

Day 15: Your Favorite Tumblrs Bloggers
I don't know any Tumblrs, so I'm doing what Mckenzie did and doing this for bloggers instead. Sound good?

When I was trying to decide which blogs to include here, I decided to go by the standard of "Which blogs do I look at every single day?" So if I don't put your blog here don't be offended or anything... it probably just means you should blog more so I will check more often! :)

1. Keep Collected
2. Kendi Everyday
3. The Clothes Horse
You can read about the above 3 by clicking HERE. Since I already blogged about them I won't waste space here talking about them again.
4. Allie Photography. This girl is like the sweetest ever. And she takes pretty pictures.
5. March Rielo. I started visiting Mckenzie's blog a little more than 2 weeks ago when she started doing the 30 day blog challenge. She is really crafty and I love the 'realness' of her blog, if you know what I mean.
6. Pretty. Little. World. I don't really know the best way to describe this blog. It's just so... pretty!
7. Clothes, Camera, and Coffee. I don't actually check this one daily, but whenever I do check it pretty much blows my socks off so she makes the list anyways. :)

OK, well that was a lot shorter of a list than I was planning on. Hmmm.

Day 16: Your Views on Mainstream Music
I think is general most of the bands that I like and listen to wouldn't really be considered mainstream. Raise you hand if you had heard of St. Lola in the Fields or Angus and Julia Stone before I blogged about them? Yeah, I didn't think so. I'm generally drawn to more indie bands that aren't well-known enough to fall under the 'mainstream' label.
So in most cases, I would say mainsteam music is kind of lame. I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but I just don't understand the appeal of music like Britney Spears or Rhianna (I mean, aside from the effect that their scantily- clad bodies have on men). Let me provide you with a lyric sample to show you what I'm talking about:

"Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy/Grab my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city/Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack/Cause' when I leave for the night I ain't coming back." Kesha - Tik Tok
Oh, good job Kesha! You rhymed to words Diddy with City, and Jack with Back! Someone give the girl a gold star.

"Womanizer, woman-womanizer, you're a womanizer/Oh womanizer, oh you're a womanizer, baby/You you you are, you you you are/Womanizer, womanizer, womanizer" Britney Spears - Womanizer
Womanizer womanizer womanizer womanizer, womanizer, womani- wait... what?

"Are we an item? Girl, quit playing/We're just friends, what are you saying?/Say there's another and look right in my eyes/My first love broke my heart for the first time/And I was like.../Baby, baby, baby oooh/Like baby, baby, baby nooo." Justin Bieber - Baby
I just want to remind you all that Justin Bieber is 16. He probably still thinks girls have cooties.

"When I met you girl me heart went knock knock/Now them buterflies in my stomach wont stop stop/And even though it's a struggle love is all we got/So we gon' keep keep climbin' till the mountain top." Justin Bieber - One Time
And he did this one when he was only 15! Even better! I think Justin Bieber should write a book all about love so I can buy it and sleep with it under my pillow at night.

I could go on all day, but I won't bore you.

This reminds me, though, that today is Monday which means it's time for a Music Monday blog. This is kind of sad, because I've been listening to nothing but Angus and Julia this past week so I have no clue who I'll talk about today. So I may or may not being doing a Music Monday post, just FYI. :)