Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Outfit: Vintage --- Day 4: Religion

I didn't realize it until right now, but I have the exact same look on my face in both of these pics, have my hands in my pockets in both of these pics, and have my feet crossed in both of these pics. Wow. Sorry about that.

Both my shirt and my shorts are vintage. I got the shirt from VintageOutlet and the shorts from miskabelle, both on Etsy.

I was quite concerned about wearing socks over my tights. In my head I thought they looked fine, but then the doubt monster came stumbling in and started laughing at me. So to show the doubt monster who is boss, I went on Chictopia to find some examples. And sure enough, I found some. Take that, Mr. Doubt! [Image Source: Chictopia.com]

So now I am happily at work, gray tights with white socks and all. I am also enjoying my breakfast, which comes in the form of donuts and coffee from the coffee shop two stores down from where I work. And not just one or two donuts, but twelve donuts.
Yay for mini donuts!

Okey dokey, artichokes. I'm pressing onwards in the 30 Day Blog Challenge (see the full list HERE).

Day 4: My Views on Religion

I love religion! Well, I love my religion anyways. I'm a non-denominational Christian, which means that on Facebook (and back in the day when I did MySpace), I get to enter the generic "Christian" label under the religion area on my profile, which I HATE because that's what most people who don't really practice a religion put. Believing that God exists does not make you a Christian, buddy. If you had ever cracked your Bible open or gone to church you would know that.

Anyways...
I've gone to church my whole life. The only time I don't go to church is when I am (a) sick, (b) on a trip, or (c) when there is a tennis final on TV - which is only four times a year so don't laugh at me. I also know, however, that going to church every Sunday doesn't make you any more of a Christian than those who believe that God exists and say they're a Christian on Facebook. A Christian is someone who has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and believes that He came to earth and died and rose again so that sinful, undeserving men and women could have the opportunity to be saved.

Wow, I went from tennis finals to the resurrection of Jesus in one paragraph. If that's not talent I don't know what is.