Saturday, January 1, 2011

Leanna Needs Your Help

I'm having a bit of a creative block at the moment, and am enlisting the help of my followers to give me ideas. So put your thinking caps on and here we go!

First off, my sister gave my fabric for Christmas. That's fabulous, except I don't know what to make with said fabric. I thought that it would be easy for me to come up with something, but so far I've got nothing. The fabric:
1 yard of blue peacock fabric, 1 yard of spotted yellow fabric, and 2 yards of purple ring fabric.

Close-ups:
What do you see these as? Obviously I wouldn't use all three in one project, but I do think using the first two together would work quite nicely. I know I'm going to use a part of the purple to make a pillowcase for my bed, but not all 2 yards so I need to think of something for that one, too. You aren't allowed to suggest clothing or anything hard like that, but I know how to make pillows, purses, wallets, and other generally easy project like that.

The second thing I'd love some ideas for are a whole bunch of impressionist painting prints that I cut out of a book. The book had been cluttering up my bookshelf for a long time, and I was just about to take it out to the garbage can when the silliness of what I was doing struck me. Prints as big as these usually cost $5+ in art shops, so it would be ridiculous of me to just throw out a book full of them. So out came my scissors, and out came the pictures.
So now I have 22 painting prints that I don't know what to do with. Should I cover a whole wall with them? Should I cut them up and glue them onto books and things? Should I put them in a box and hide it under my bed? Should I burn them? I have no clue. Let me know what you think.

My four favorites:
1. Luncheon of the Boating Party by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. Those of you who have seen Amelie will recognize this one.
2. Woman with a Parasol by Claude Monet. I got to see this one at the National Gallery of Art in DC a few years back. Fun stuff.
3. The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh. I got to see several van Gogh pieces when I went to the Musee d'Orsay in Paris this summer, though unfortunately not this one.
4. The Dancing Class by Edgar Degas. I did, however, get to see this one, and several others of Degas' dancers. Degas is my favorite impressionist, so it was quite a treat.

Let the ideas fly!