Friday, September 3, 2010

Outfits: My ModCloth Purchases

I kinda forgot to post about the shirts I bought from ModCloth, but I figured better late than never!

So anyways, these are the two shirts I got. The one on the left is my "Bully Mammoth" tee, which has a woolly mammoth and the word STRONGER written across the front in blue. The shirt on the right is a lace tank top with a simple solid ivory tank attached underneath as to not be too terribly scandalous.

The mammoth tee is actually really awesome and I love it quite a lot. It's a good shade of ivory for me, and I just can't get over how much I love the mammoth on the front. Not really sure what the connection between the mammoth and "stronger" is, though (maybe that woolly mammoths are strong? I don't know....).

The downside of the tee, though, is how freakishly long it it. I'm 6 feet tall and have a long torso, so if this shirt is long even for me, I don't want to imagine how a shorter person would look in it.

Lucky for me I'm not afraid to tuck my shirts in! I solved the length issue by simply tucking the tee into my skirt and adding a belt to help transition from the shirt to the skirt. I've been using belts a lot lately, so get used to seeing them here on my blog!
-Bully Mammoth Tee, $27.99, ModCloth
-Denim Colored Cotton Skirt, $13, Macy's
-Wide Brown Braided Belt, $6.80, Forever 21
-Mustard Seychelles Pumps, $60, Nordstroms
-Rosette Headband, $34, Brydferth


The lace tank was a bit trickier, and I was actually considering returning it (ModCloth does free returns so it's not like I'd lose any money), but I ended up deciding to keep it and now I'm really glad I did.

The main problem was just the style of the tank. When I ordered it, I didn't realize how much extra lace material there was on the sides, so when I first put it on I was horrified at how dumpy it made me look. Some people have the right shape to pull that look off, but in my opinion, I am not one of them.

I solved this one the exact same way I solved the other: tuck it in and belt it!

And my completed outfit:
-Ivory Lace Tank, $29.99, Modcloth
-Grey Ruffle Tank, $17.99, Target
-MEK Nagoya Bootcut Jeans: $81.97, Buckle
-Ivory Lace-Up Sandals, $38.00, Urban Outfitters

-Mustard Shoulder Bag, $17.80, Forever 21
-Basket Weaved Cream Rope Belt, $6.80, Forever 21
-Aqua Blue Quartz Teardrop Necklace, $11, VioletReaction

-Giant Pearl Stretch Bracelet, $7, H&M

In short, with a bit of styling, I really like both of these shirts. They are a nice quality and are comfortable to wear. I would definitely be comfortable ordering from ModCloth again.