Monday, September 27, 2010

Brazil Look Day 1

photo

Black Proenza Shouler Round Sunglasses
Orange and red gingham Lira Leirner Batwing blouse
Red silk M&S skirt
Red Le Pliage Longchamp bag from the 1990s
Black and white Lira Leirner kimono bracelet
Givenchy tights
Multi red and white patent Prada platform sandals

You'll see quite a few of these outfit posts in the coming weeks. This blog is not really one of these, but while in Brazil I feel it's necessary because every day here is like a catwalk day. The same way normal people in the fashion industry prepare and arrange their outfits for the twice yearly fashion weeks, I have throughout my life, prepared and separated my best pieces for the visits to Brazil so obviously, I want to share those with you.

Today I woke up at 4am and worked on drawing up 28 pieces of my next collection until 12.30 when my mum came to pick me up to go bid a friend of the family farewell - a painter who has known my mother since college years (whose brother was my aunt's first boyfriend) but who I only really met when she lived 15 minutes away from my house in Hamburg for the 10 years I lived there.

I carried a 10 kg heavy paper roll (for the patterns) in those 5 inch Prada sandals, which had three store managers running after me in the want to help me with that heavy thing but I obviously refused. The gingham orange batwings had the porter laughing at me when I made my way to my mum's car but that's part of the fun, eh? I also hung out with my granddad and my great grandmother (my granddad's mum) who kept saying I was the most beautiful thing she'd seen all day. Despite ensuring her it was all based on her genes and that she looks at TV most of the time she kept repeating it. I said my good byes and proceeded to head home and work on creating several patterns until 2am.