Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Museum Day

 Gerhard Richter - 256 Farben
I spent Monday with Raquel in San Francisco. We went to the MoMA and Contemporary Jewish Museum.
I was excited to see the exhibit of Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World). It was really good.
I think she and I are connected on a deep level  :)   She has two illustrations of  images I have posted about. The modern room and the polka dot boots. That proves it right?! No photography allowed in the museum and I can't find an image of the boot. Sorry.
 Maira has a few books I want and fun blog.

At the MoMA...
 Paintings by young Africans of south Rhodesia 1957

One of the most creative scenes was this man's groovy pants and green suede shoes. (Click on image to see larger)

 Pablo Picasso - Scène de rue - 1900 - oil on canvas

It was a great time. We are planning a trip to deYoung next.  I look forward to it!