Monday, September 27, 2010

Brazil Day 2

photo

Vintage Jaeger Camel coat
Cream vintage silk secretary blouse
Caramel silk satin short sleeve Burberry blazer
Light beige pleat Pringle skirt
Irish Tartan Lira Leirner bracelet
Givenchy tights
Rupert Sanderson light beige and white Mary Jane heels

Waiting for me in the wardrobe like a luring flashing change of mind my grandmother managed to convert me to a CCL. A Camel Coat Lover. Some of you may have noticed my annoyance at this 'trend' which was partly infused by the annoyance with the concept of 'trends' in the first place. Why should I wear a shade of tan that would only make me look pale in comparison, I though. And the September Vogue, where I was 'informed' of said trend annoyed me more than anything, which was simply because instead of giving me journalism it gave me thinly veiled sales pitches when it came to the camel coat. I was not amused. And out of ALL THE HUNDREDS of coats they get sent, they chose THOSE horrible concoctions? I was even less amused.

However, all this swiftly fell out of my brain when this wonder of nature softly buttered itself around my shoulders. Vintage Jaeger, it belonged to my grandmother 35 years ago, who lent it to a cousin who only just returned it. And lo and behold, it is my size. I walked around the house in it for the rest of the day as if it were a peignoir but decided to give it its proper use today in a combination with light beige, caramel and cream.

I was invited to a small lunch at my sort of cousin Graziela Widman, an amazing architecture Photographer who has known me when I walked around screaming for meat (aka when I was younger than four).

And yes, she did make me vegetarian food. Among other photographers I met the beautiful Erica Mizutani, who I may have a bit of a crush on, except she's married and has three kids. Seriously. She looks about 25.




The flat is mainly scarlet and blue and I kid you not, that's a whole wall of mirrorness, which slides out to close off the rest of the flat from the dining hall.The flat was featured in an architect magazine but my namory (portmanteau of name memory) has failed me once more and I am not in a position to tell you which it was.

A great little crew I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with until the itch of work became too great and I proceeded (I like that word) to head back to work but ended up falling asleep instead. I did wake up at 2am and worked since, so I forgive myself.

photo