Monday, January 10, 2011

Music Monday: Mumford and Sons

Their Name: Mumford and Sons
Their Style:
Indie Folk
Sounds Like:
The Decemberists

A few things I love about Mumford and Sons:
1. Their name. I want to marry the lead singer just so I can get his last name. Leanna Mumford. Can't you just hear it now?
2. Their pictures. I love bands with quirky and fun band photos. Check out a sampling on Google Images.
3. Their style. They sing folksy and they dress folksy, too. I'm not the type of girl that sits around and makes up lists of ideal physical features to look for in guys (i.e. "He needs to have blue eyes", or "He should have luscious locks of blond hair for me to run my fingers through"), but I am the type of girl that knows how she wants her future guy to dress. If he dresses like Mumford and Sons do, he passes the test.
4. Oh, I guess their music is pretty good, too.

You really can't go wrong with any of the following songs, so I'm not going to pick any favorites for you (though, like the rest of the world, I love Little Lion Man). Listen to the whole thing for the real experience, or just pick a few at random for a bit of a taste. The album tends to go from more upbeat peppy songs at the beginning to slower, more moody songs towards the end.

Sigh No More
1. Sigh No More
2. The Cave
3. Winter Winds
4. Roll Away Your Stone
5. White Blank Page
6. I Gave You All
7. Little Lion Man
8. Timshel
9. Thistle & Weeds
10. Awake My Soul
11. Dust Bowl Dance
12. After the Storm

Good stuff, no? I didn't think I'd like them at first because of the 'folk' label, but I also thought that about The Decemberists as well, and both times I was pleasantly surprised.