Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Before: (Au Revoir Pretty Painting)

Sorry about the lack of a Music Monday post yesterday... with my family being here I've been losing track of the days, and it didn't occur to me until last night around 11pm that it was Monday. Such is life...

Anyways, on to the real subject of this blog: Redecorating!

I took this picture of my bed last night around 6:30 or so. The less-than-stellar-ness of the photo can be attributed to the fact that it is pitch black outside around that time, and the lights in my room are yellow, making in nearly impossible to achieve a good picture.

The less-than-stellar-ness of this picture, however, can be attributed to a less-than-stellar camera. I took this picture on March 19th of this past year when my best friend Janell came over and helped me paint a giant canvas:
Mid-process:
We bought everything at Michael's and then just kind of made it up as we went. We did a base of dark purple, added some light purple/pink-ish streaks around the bottom, and then used rolls of packing tape, the bottom of pepsi cans, milk lids, and marker caps dipped in paint to make the silver circles. We did one dark green circle near the bottom left just for fun.

So that's the origins behind the giant purple painting in my room. It's been faithfully decorating my room for the past 9 months, but lately I've been thinking of making a change. Last night was when that change occurred.

The following is my official "Before" picture. If it ever decides to clear up and not be so gray outside, I will take my "After" pictures some time this afternoon and post them either tonight or tomorrow.
So what wondrous thing did I do to my wall? You'll just have to wait. :)

But because I'm nice, I'll give you a hint: