Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Style Inspiration: Steven Alan Fall 2011

This blog post could also be named any of the following:
"Leanna Has an All-Out Hipster Moment"
"Urban Outfitters Just Found Their New Head Designer"
"My Dream Wardrobe"
"Do you think it would be hard to find a guy that dresses like this in real life? Take my poll!"

As I've been looking through the final list of Fall 2011 collections on Style.com, I've been finding myself really drawn to the vibrant, progressive collections that, as I said in the Mary Katrantzou post, are more art than actual wearable clothing. The result of that is having blogs full of gorgeous pictures of gorgeous clothing, but they're not particularly practical or applicable for mere mortals such as myself. While I still plan on posting about those gorgeous, artful collections (though I haven't seen any yet that top Mary Katrantzou or Suno), I thought I'd throw one in here that's extremely applicable and attainable for those of us not blessed with the ability to look cool in head-to-toe floral prints.

So this is where my dear friend (I wish) Steven Alan comes in. Inspect:

While I would like to take some of Mary Katrantzou's pieces and hang them on my wall to look at forever and ever, I would like to take Steven Alan's pieces, put them on, and walk out the door to go to work. This is by far the most wearable, relevant collection I've seen so far this Fall 2011 season, at least to my generation. A lot of designers aren't concerned with what younger people think of their clothes nowadays because young people don't have money, so it's nice to see a designer trying to appeal directly to the younger crowd. Go Steven Alan!

Side Note: LOVE the footwear in this collection. Do you think Steven would send me some for free if I asked really nicely?