Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Amusing Words from a Wednesday - Updated

1. Upon seeing a shirt with a cartoon penguin on the front, along with the words "Save the Penguins"...
My Grandma: "Oh, 'Save the Penguins.' Of course, that always reminds me of that story about the little girl who read a book about penguins. And when her dad asked her what she thought of the book, she said it was good, but it really taught her more about penguins than she ever wanted to know."

My grandma has a story for everything. Everything. She's like 87, though, so it's pretty cute.


2. Upon listening to the radio at work...
Lady on the Radio: "Time for the gender game! OK, I want to see how many men can call in and name 4 brands of makeup."
Male Caller #1: "MAC..."
Lady on the Radio: "MAC? No, I don't have that one on my list. Do you know any others?"
a few minutes later...
Male Caller #2: "Uhm, Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC..."
Lady on the Radio: "MAC? What is MAC? You're the second person to say MAC. How do you spell it?"
Make Caller #2: "Uh, M-A-C. It's a makeup brand they have at Nordstroms. I've seen it there before."
Lady on the Radio: "Oh, well I've never heard of it before. I guess you learn something new every day."
Leanna: "ARE YOU KIDDING?!?"


3. Upon seeing a stuffed bear for sale in the shop...
Adorable little girl with brown curly hair and a British accent: "Please, papa, can I have it? I want to cuddle with him."

^Just say it out loud in your best British accent and imagine you are 3 years old and have precious brown curls. You will make yourself melt.


4. Upon reading me complain that my white tights are like the same color as my legs in my latest outfit blog...
Marie @ Lemondrop Vintage: "At least you ARE wearing white tights. The opposite has happened to me, compliment on the tights but they actually were my legs."

I hope you are OK with me posting that, Marie. It just made me giggle a bit. :)

ETA - I just read this online and I had to add it:
5. Upon being asked what she thinks of Rebecca Black and that darn Friday song...
Miley Cyrus: "It should be harder to be an artist. You shouldn't just be able to put up a video on YouTube and go on tour."

1... 2... 3...
HAHAHAHA.
Because everyone knows Miley worked hard for years and years and played in a bunch of crummy bars and sang on street corners with the dream of one day becoming a star! No way jose did she become famous for having a famous dad. Girl has worked hard and she wants you to know it!
Sarcasm Off.