Saturday, March 19, 2011

I Am Going to DIE.

I drink coffee every morning. That is not negotiable. I get my coffee one of two ways.
1. My mom makes some for me.
2. I buy it at the coffee shop two shops down from my work.

Some days I do one of the above, and on the other days I do both. But I always do at least one.

Today was a buying day. I left 10 minutes early so I would be sure to get to work with enough time to get my 16oz. mocha. Everything was going swimmingly well, until I made the MORONIC decision to hold the door of the coffee shop open for a group of not one, not two, not three, but four ladies, who promptly rushed into line in front of me. So instead of being 1st in line, I was 5th. I was a bit concerned, but I decided I still probably had enough time.

Then, each of the 4 ladies went on to order their fancy-pants 20oz. triple chocolate, blah blah blah coffees, along with sandwiches, and they all ordered and paid separately. My entire 10 minutes was spent in line, and it was time for me to go to work.

Sad. Day. No coffee. I am embarrassed to say it, but I literally shed a tear when I got in to work, because I want coffee.

Not making matters better is the fact that I have been at work for 30 minutes now, and no one has come in and no one has called. At least if someone had come in right at 10 it would have made me feel a little better about not getting my coffee. But no. No one.

I may not survive this day.