Monday, March 28, 2011

Leanna Takes Down the Thrift Store

Yesterday on the way to Costco after church, we drove past St. Vincent de Paul, my favorite thrift store in the whole world. I made a sad remark about how long it's been since I've got to go shopping there. Just as we were driving by, I saw signs out front with every shopaholics favorite words: "HUGE SALE. ALL CLOTHING 50% OFF!". Needless to say, I almost died on the spot. So after getting grapes and candy at Costco, going home for lunch, and changing into a thrifting-appropriate outfit (Jeans, Toms, sweater), it was on to the thrift store for me. I spent about 2 hours poking around and trying on clothes. Glorious, glorious day.

You know you are a hardcore shopper when you are literally sore the next day. My right arm is seriously on fire this morning. I used it is a clothes rack while I was wandering around pulling things to try on, and at one point I literally had 20 items hanging on my arm. I am quite sure I must have looked ridiculous, but hey, if that's what a girl has to do to get good deals on clothes then it's a small price to pay.

In the end, this is what I came home with.
5 Belts:
  
1 Dress: (Don't worry, I'm going to do a bit of tailoring and hemming to make it cuter.) (More cute?)

1 Scarf:
 1 Pair of Shorts:
 5 Skirts:

And 4 Tops: 
So for those playing along at home, that is 17 items. And my total cost?
$32

Roughly $1.88 per item. Thank you thrift store!

Sorry about the erratic lighting in the pics. I was too lazy to fix it. :)