Friday, February 25, 2011

Outfits: From the farm straight to your monitor

True story about this outfit:
I wore this same top and skirt combo (styled differently, of course) to church a few weeks ago. I teach 4th and 5th grade Sunday School for girls, and usually they go gaga over what I wear. OK, so not really gaga, but I'm pretty much the fashion icon of 5th graders at my church.
Well, when I walked into class wearing this shirt, one of the girls looked me up and down a few times and said, "Wow, Leanna, it looks like you just came from the farm." Uhm, okay. "Is that a good thing?" I asked her. "Yeah, I like it," she said. The moral of my tale: If you are ever going to talk to a group of 5th grade girls, try going for a farmer-chic look and they will love you.

That said, I don't think I look like I came from the farm. Unless the farm was one that it would be acceptable to wear heels to.