Saturday, February 26, 2011

Outfit: Scarf Surgery

I am officially declaring this jacket my favorite thrift store purchase to date. I wear it every day to and from work, even when I don't show it on my blog. And to think, I was this close to not buying it.

This morning I made myself a cowl. Well, I didn't really make it make it, but I created it from a scarf. Last time you saw this guy, it looked like this:
But I haven't worn it since then because it was really just too bulky to be worn as a scarf. So this morning I whipped out my scissors, cut off the fringe at the ends, and used some of the strands of yarn that I cut off to tie the ends of the scarf together. It's not beautiful, but as long as I keep that part at the back of my neck no one will ever have to know.
So my bulky scarf is now a lovely cowl. All together it took my about 10 minutes. Not bad!