Saturday, December 25, 2010

Vintage Printable

I was doing some blog hopping the other day and came across Vintage Printable, a 100% free source for vintage images, many of which are available in large sizes suitable for printing out. I love old prints and pictures, so I was thrilled to have a whole collection of them all in one place for me to scoop up at will. Some of my favorites (of the dozens that I've saved so far):
I don't know what I'm going to do with all of my images, but I'll surely think of something fabulous sooner or later. Either that or they'll just clutter up my hard drive for a few months.

The one thing I really am not in love with in regards to this site is the site itself. Horrible navigation, and the flash-gizmo that they use to display their images is enough to make even the soundest of tummies feel queasy. Lucky for everyone, there is a solution to the problem.

Once you click on a category at the top, you should see a page that looks like this. The outlined red box is where the flash player they use is. You will notice quickly that anytime you move your mouse over this flash player, the images inside of it will start swirling around at light speed. Apparently this is supposed to be useful. I just think it's dumb.
They tried their darnedest to hide it, but there is a tiny little link below the flash player that you can click on to disable to it.
The resulting gallery isn't ideal, as you have to open each image individually to view it, but it beats getting motion sickness and upchucking all over your computer.
Click HERE to go to their site.
Have fun browsing! If you think of any fun projects to do with these images, let me know! :)