Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas, may your sleighs reach their destination

The story starts with me overdosing on caramelized chocolate sweets this morning. After wringing with tummy aches, the sugar high kick started my need to listen to German Christmas songs because although I'm at home in London and will only utter the words "Heathrow is hindering me from getting home" if said airport has lost my baggage. Which is likely, and why I prefer flying from City Airport anyway.

However, although this Christmas I am staying at home in London instead of visiting relatives spread across the globe (a wise decision, seeing as the half inch of snow is hindering everyone from leaving), there's nothing - not imagined crowds of shoppers that I stayed away from, not any possible overload of Christmassy TV shows and films on TV since I don't own one, and not even the tepid snow - that brings me into Christmas spirit more than German Christmas songs! I guess that's my own little tradition, reminding me of those times I'd move my mouth along just like most pop stars today and make sure to not let my voice raise above non-use in case the other were not loud enough to cover up my atrocious singing.

So I am sharing it with you all. Please ignore the imagery, which can be quite poor at times, and simply enjoy the choirs!

Merry Christmas, may you reach your destinations and receive your online present shopping deliveries!

ES IST EIN ROS' ENTSPRUNGEN



VOM HIMMEL HOCH



TOCHTER ZION



HöRT DER ENGEL HELLE LIEDER



O, DU FROHLICHE



IHR KINDERLEIN KOMMET



O TANNEBAUM



ES KOMMT EIN SCHIFF GELADEN



STILLE NACHT, HEILIGE NACHT