Saturday, December 18, 2010

Here Not There: ModCloth vs. Ruche

I secretly (well, maybe not so secretly) think that all of these dresses are ugly and I'd never wear any of them. But they are the same dresses, and they are definitely different prices, so I'll post them here anyway. Sorry I couldn't find any prettier ones for you to look at tonight.
---
---
---
---
---
I think Ruche's main detractor is their pictures. If you couldn't see the price and had to pick which one to buy, I'd bet serious amounts of money that you'd choose ModCloth's every time. They have better lighting, their mannequin is nicely shaped, and they actually take the time to straighten out the garment and make it look smooth on the mannequin. Perhaps if the people at Ruche spent a bit more time on presentation they would be more successful.