Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Books I want to read


While I see people buying left and right and creating wish lists of materialistic value front and center, all I want is read. And by want, I don't mean "be gifted books" but merely that I shall be reading them. However, I enjoy creating lists as much as the next person, so this is my reading list for January since I won't be creating a wish list nor a shopping list to succumb to the man-made holiday (I mean shopping) festivities. Just leave me with a personal heater on a sofa (or a hammock in a warm climate, while we're at it) and these books, somehow pay my rent and check up on my stack of food (I mean chocolate) every few days or so... oops. The list is mounting, but in the end they are merely details. In the end I'm OK with just knowing I will be reading those books this month, and probably some more...

Gadsby by Ernest Vincent Wright

Finnegans Wake by James Joyce

The President’s Mystery Story by Franklin Roosevelt and seven other novelists

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

War and Peace by Tolstoy

The Ballad of Peckham Rye by Muriel Spark

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick

The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler

The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Edgar Allan Poe

The Social Contract by Jean-Jacques Rousseau