Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Exchanging Presents with the BFF

Janell and I have been friends since middle school, and best friends for about 4 years or so. For our graduation we got to go to France together for two weeks, where we stayed in Paris for 3 days before visiting her former exchange student in Dijon for a week and half. Fun stuff!
Not a face I ever wish to recreate... but oh well.
In the second pic we are standing inside of a giant wine taster. Don't drink me!

Anyways, Janell came over last night so we could watch a movie and swap Christmas presents, and I just have to show off my creations that I gave her. Well, mostly I just want to brag about this awesome wallet I made. Huzzah!
As a graduation present a friend gave me a mini wallet that she had made, and I wanted one like it but full-size, so I copied her dimensions and then made one for myself. I like it so much (and use it all the time) that I decided to make one for Janell.
It's all lined on the inside, and you can't really tell because of the striped pattern, but there are 4 slots in the front for credit cards and such. This was also my first experience with non-sewing snaps. So much easier than hand-sewing!

I also made her a simple Moss Agate necklace that's a nice earthy shade of green. She's more into simple designs than big chunky stuff, so it seemed like a good match for her.
In return, Janell gave me beads! I love getting beads. She gave me beads for our birthday, too (we share the exact same birthday), and a few times before that as well. She always tells me that I have to make something nice for myself with them. Yes, ma'am! :)
Chrysoprase and Blueberry Quartz. Pretty pretty!

I'll be sure to post pics of what I make out of them.

Sorry I missed Music Monday yesterday! I had zero time for blogging.