Monday, December 13, 2010

Music Monday: Two Door Cinema Club

"Let's make this happen, girl, you're gonna show the world that something good can work and it can work for you."
Their Name: Two Door Cinema Club
Their Style: Indie Pop

Similar To/Sounds Like: The Temper Trap, Vampire Weekend


Two Door Cinema Club, hereafter referred to as TDCC, is a new addition to my music library. I downloaded the album 100% legally (as in, I paid money for it) from iTunes on Wednesday, and I haven't been able to stop listening to their song Something Good Can Work since. Sing along and try to keep up!

All in all, TDCC just seems like a happy trio of guys that you'd want to hang out and make fun of dumb movies with. There aren't any real downer songs, and every song has a very upbeat tempo. Good for bopping around your room to. Yes, I just used the word bopping.

The album as a whole is pretty decent. Something Good Can Work is definitely the star, but there are other winners to be found here. Check out my other favorites (marked with *). Undercover Martyn and the Passion Pit remix of it aren't really my cup of tea, but they're easy enough to skip over.

Tourist History
1. Cigarettes in the Theatre*
2. Come Back Home
3. Undercover Martyn
4. Do You Want It All?
5. This is the Life
6. Something Good Can Work*
7. I Can Talk
8. What You Know*
9. Eat That Up, It's God for You*
10. You're Not Stubborn
11. Undercover Martyn Flexin' It (Passion Pit Remix)

Happy listening! :)