Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Papaya Art

I feel that it would be mean of me not to tell you guys about my favorite art site. Papaya Art was introduced to me by my sister Lindsey, (hmm, I don't know if she wants to be associated with me. Oh well, she is now!) who has a good taste in art and decor and such. She gave me my first Papaya piece (more on that later) and showed me their website.

I could look at this kind of art all day long. It's an odd mixture of vintage and whimsy, with lots of mixed elements to create the final piece. Papaya Art sells all kinds of things on their website... greeting cards, wall hangings, magnets, journals, calendars, stickers, and even water bottles and tote bags. Check out their website HERE.

Here are some of my favorites:
[Photo Credit: papayaart.com]

My own Papaya collection consists of 3 art panels and a calendar. I have my panels hanging above my desk, where I'm sitting right now to write this. Just imagine me sitting criss-cross-applesauce on the chair (though I don't know why I'm sitting like this... it's not very comfortable).
The first panel on the left was a gift from Lindsey and was my first one. In the top left corner it says "Dwell in Possibility -Emily Dickinson". The center one is brand new and just came a few days ago. I got it from Papaya's sale section for half off... so it was only $8. Yay for steals! Then the one on the right was one I bought with a giftcard Lindsey got me for my birthday this year. I don't know why, but I love it. It says "Ya Freak" just below the wacko lady.
Along with the center panel, I bought myself a calendar. The one I bought is called the 12 Muses calendar and has a different lady for every month. I love is so much I already put it up. So maybe it's still December where you all live, but in my room it's January. Hello from the future.
If you see something on their site you want, order it today! They are having free shipping and it ends tomorrow... so hurry!