Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Woohoo for New Shoes!

All those with foot-phobias: look away!

My two packages from Nordstrom and Forever 21 arrived today, stuffed full of some new goodies that I ordered to have on my trip to France in a few days. I got several other things from Forever 21, but I'll have to post about those later (as in, after I get back from France). I also got my ModCloth order yesterday so I'll be sure to do some pictures of my new shirts from there as well.

Anyways, the shoes!

I'll talk about my Nordstrom shoes first. As you may have read in the blog I posted earlier today, I ordered a pair of Seychelles shoes that were on sale. They are some gorgeous mustard yellow heels.
These have a lot of padding inside, and they are so comfortable! I also love the peek of the floral fabric around the inside seem. I appreciate small details like that, even though I can't see them when I'm wearing the shoe.
There was a fancy-pants shoe bag inside the box with the shoes. I'll definitely be hanging on to it.
Even the box itself was fancy. If you didn't mind looking like an idiot, you could even use it as a purse.
The view from above and the side:
In short, I love them! Yes, they were expensive ($60, if you must know), but when it comes to shoes you really get what you pay for. I could probably find some similar looking shoes at Payless or somewhere similar for about half the price, but they wouldn't be nearly as comfortable. Immitation brands copy the looks of the designer shoes but really skimp out on the quality and comfort. And despite what my mother thinks, I actually do care about comfort.

The perfect example of this: Toms.

-----

I got a second pair of Toms for my trip since they're such great walking shoes. I still haven't managed to convince my family to hop on the Toms wagon, but I'm working on it. They think they look like shoes that my Grandma would wear. That's actually kinda true, though, and it goes back to what I was saying before about Grannie Chic coming into style.

The Toms boxes are long and skinny and have a picture on cute little kids getting some Toms on the top. Go Tom!

Hellooooooo comfort:

The cute little details on the shoes. These are the same for all the basic Toms styles. I LOVE the animal print on the inside. Again, no one can see it when I'm wearing the shoes, but I love knowing that they're there.

I would be remiss if I didn't show off the insoles on these shoes. Just look how thick the arches are!

In every Toms shoe box you get a Toms flag and a Toms sticker. I'm saving them for now because I don't know what I want to do with them yet.

Top and side:
I've worn these shoes (my navy ones, obviously, since I just got these grey ones today) all over the place, including on the beach and even some hiking, and they've been holding up fabulously. I especially appreciated them when I flew up to Alaska a few weeks ago, since they were easy to slip off at airport security and comfortable enough to trudge around airports in.

These shoes cost $44 for the basic colors and they are, in my opinion, worth every penny, if not more. And don't forget that for every pair you buy, they give a pair to a child that needs shoes. It's a sweet deal all around.

-----

I also got a pair of sandals from Forever 21. I was a bit nervous about it because I've never worn their shoes before, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised.

No majestic wrapping here. Just a white box with no cool bag or flag or sticker or anything. But hey, for $9.99 I'm not going to complain.

These were some seriously tangled shoes. It took me almost ten minutes to get the laces untangles and laced up on my feet.

But I really do like them. They aren't comfortable by any stretch of the imagination, but by the same token they aren't uncomfortable either. Gladiator-style shoes are actually pretty cool because they have so many straps that you can't feel any specific straps pulling at your skin.

I'm looking forward to the sweet tan lines I'm going to get in these shoes, though.
The end!