Sunday, July 18, 2010

DRESS DILEMMA & A TARGET SCORE!!!

Hey there favorites, as many of you know I'm going back to MD on Friday for two weddings, one of which I'm the MOH :) Hollar!

Well as of this evening I have plenty of outfit ideas, nothing quite packed--instead piled everywhere in my room, and a dress dilemma.

I have absolutely NO clue what to wear to the first wedding that I am going to--for my rugby coach. And then, I have NO CLUE what to wear for Stacey's rehearsal dinner. Therefore, I have decided that I need to enlist in the aid of my fashionable, and brutally honest bloggers... YOU PEOPLE!

I took pictures, and have options for shoes, I just HAVE NO CLUE as to what should be my final choice [for both events]...

HELP!
[pretty please, with a cherry on top--and NOT a maraschino one, but a good one, a fresh one; right off the tree with the seed still in it--mmm]

So here I go:
[But first: HUGE, HUGE DISCLAIMER: My mirrors were totally messy when I took these photos--Don't Judge--It's been a busy week and I've been working doubles... ugh]






Option 1: Purple Strapless Target Merona Dress
[purchased YESTERDAY--I tweeted about the fabulous find--for 9.98!]


This dress I definitely do not want to wear to the rehearsal dinner. I called Stacey tonight and she told me that she is wearing a purple sundress and I don't want to wear the same color as her. She's the bride--I know it's not the wedding day, but still. That's tacky.
NEVER Ever, wear the same color as the bride; it's her day/week/moment, no one elses. That is just my personal opinion... and although Stacey told me that I could wear it, I just would feel rude if I did.
But I do love this dress. I found it randomly hanging in the hats and scarfs isle at Target yesterday. I decided to just take a look, saw the clearance price, hesitated on the size because it is a 10 and I've been a SOLID 12 for too long to remember.
I took the risk (i.e. the stress of trying on a dress you know is too small and getting frustrated with you, your weight, and the damn clothes) and I kicked ass because the sucker FIT!! And it was the ONLY one left in the store. They had others in different colors, but this was the only one in its color and the only one on clearance. Yay me! And Yay to luck.
I picked up the wedges that I'd mentioned here a few months ago... the Merona (Target) brand that was a cheap/steal knockoff for the Franco Sarto wedges. Well these babies FINALLY went on sale, and I ended up getting a $5 off coupon for another pair of shoes in the process. I HIGHLY recommend these shoes. They still have other colors in stock (black, blue, and pink--I got the brown/tan--both online and in stores--I'm very tempted to go back and get the black ones) and they are ridiculously comfortable! Plus they go great with the dress!

Option 2: Black Calvin Klein Dress




I like this dress a lot. (Plus it's a size 10 as well, and a score from Marshalls--under $30)
I also like the fact that I have 3 shoe options for this dress. I tried on my new wedges, my eBay scored Nine West heels (look at those heels--I love them!), and my ruffled flats from Payless with this dress and all go well with it. I especially like the flats with this dress option only because Stacey, her fiance, and the best man and I are all around the same height... meaning that I could wear my flats and not tower over everyone at the rehearsal dinner / rehearsal for the wedding.


Option 3: Black Strapless H&M Dress




This dress is definitely my go-to LBD. I wore it for graduation, Sum's bachelorette party last summer, I've also worn it out to an anniversary dinner with my ex... it is most assuredly a staple in my wardrobe. I remember when I purchased it last spring/early summer: my goal was to go into H&M and not spend more than $40 on a dress. I found this one and completely lucked out--in the sense that it has been very, very helpful in times of a "What Do I Wear?" crisis/meltdown.
Did I also mention that it has POCKETS.
That was just an added perk after I bought it. Love, Love, LOVE.



Option 4: Red One-Shoulder Limited Dress


This red one-shoulder dress is from The Limited. I actually picked it up this January with Stacey specifically for her rehearsal dinner... But now I'm not so sure.
It was originally $100+, but I found it marked down to $24 and then found out that it was on clearance for an additional 75% off! Talk about a steal. I might have mentioned it on the blog before... not 100% sure on that though.
I do love the one-shoulder aspect of this dress and the architecture of the fabric on the bust, but something is holding me back on it... I'm just not quite sure what it is. It might just be the fact that it's a RED dress and I'm not too keen on red [bad junior prom dress experience--long story--scarred for life/partially responsible for me not going to my senior prom].


Anywho, that is my dilemma.
Help me ladies and gents!
I need honest opinions and I need them fast. The first wedding (for my coach) is THIS Saturday and the rehearsal dinner is next Thursday.

Be Brutally honest... just don't make a girl cry.

Thanks!!!