Saturday, July 17, 2010

ModCloth: My New True Love

Last week I found a new shop called ModCloth, and I knew right away I had found a new favorite. Their clothes are vintage-inspired and ridiculously cute. I was trying to tell my mom the other day that Grannie Chic is the new style nowadays and she didn't believe me, but this store sums up entirely what I was trying to say.

As far as their prices, it's a mixed bag. Tops and such start at about $20 and go up (there are a few that are less, mainly bandeau tops and basic tanks), and regularly priced dresses start at $35 and go way, way up from there. But keep in mind that these are extremely well designed pieces and aren't basic is any sense of the word.

But anyways, I'll quit blabbing and show you some of my favorite pieces. There are so, so many more pieces in their shop that I am in love with, but in the interest of space I tried to narrow down my selections.

Their dresses are seriously jaw-droppingly gorgeous. And I love that you can select to view only dresses $50 and under if you want, or also to only view dresses that are a bit longer than usual (if I wear the short dresses they basically look like shirts on me).

1) The Photogenic Dress, $57.99
2) Red Grapefruit Dress, $51.99
3) Sewing Class Dress, $153.99
4) Grecian Green Dress, $89.99
5) Lake District Dress, $117.99
6) Soda Fountain Dress in Ginger, $44.99

While I'm not as in love with their tops as much as I am with their dresses, I still think they have a lot of great shirts to pick from. These were some of my favorites:
1) Papillon Top, $47.99
2) Crystal Caverns Top, $24.99
3) Thyme After Thyme Top, $64.99
4) Felicity Top, $44.99
5) Pom-pom and Circumstance Top, $37.99
6) Can You Sheer Me Now? Top, $26.99

They even do some graphic tees. I actually bought one of these three tops... I promise to blog about it when it comes. Until then you just have to guess which one. 5 brownie points for guessing right!
1) Every Bunny Likes You Tee, $24.99
2) Bully Mammoth Tee, $27.99
3) Fender Bender Tee, $35.99


Cutesy cardigans. I would probably kill someone for that third one. OK, so maybe I wouldn't kill someone... but yeah, I want it.
1) Cardigan Like a Sunset, $59.99
2) Performance Poetry Cardigan in Mint, $41.99
3) Crafting All Day Cardigan, $79.99

Some ridiculously awesome looking coats (and a blazer):
1) You Com-pleat Me Coat, $104.99
2) Picnic Society Blazer, $114.99
3) Where Did You Get That Coat, $84.99


They had so many cute skirts to choose from but I narrowed them down to only three (quite an accomplishment, in my opinion):
1) Great Divide Skirt, $119.99
2) Skirt So Good, $37.99
3) Never Cease to Amaze Skirt, $44.99


My second favorite section to browse (behind the dress section), is the shoes. They have so many pairs that I would love to get, if only I worked more than one day a week.
1) Toast and Jam Flat, $69.99
2) Twinkle Toes T-Strap Flat, $27.99
3) State Fair Flat, $69.99
4) All-Aboard Heel, $199.99
5) Boogie Woogie Heel, $93.99
6) Sherwood Forest Heel, $117.99

I ordered two tops from ModCloth the other day and seriously can't wait until they get here. So stinking excited!

Anyways, that concludes my blog for today. All images, item names, and prices were taken from ModCloth.com.