Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Airplane Etiquette

I just returned from a lovely visit with my friend in Austin, Texas! I will blog about it tomorrow. 

But first, I must blog about my excruciating flight home. The man next to me had no idea about the basics of airplane etiquette.

Things you shouldn't do:

ONE
Never hog the arm rests to the point that your arm extends over into the other passenger's personal space.

TWO
Never take your shoes and socks off, and then cross your legs so that your foot is almost touching the person's knee next to you.
I took this photo when he was sleeping. Notice my knees crammed together, over to the side.

THREE
When yawning, cover mouth and face forward. Don't try to peek out of the window across the isle while yawning into someones face. I had to hold my breath!

FOUR
When it is time to exit the airplane, wait your turn. Don't force your way in front of the person in the isle seat (me!). That's just rude!

Even with all of that, I made it home safely.
Yea!