Saturday, July 10, 2010

Is this normal?

I have never been much of a gardener. Water the plans and be done with it.  But since moving into this house, I feel like the plants are my pets.  I know all of the plants in my yard. I water, prune, fertilize and truly get excited when they are doing well.

Either I am really lonely, and my plants have become my friends, or this is how gardeners feel.

I even catch myself talking to them..."Oh my, you look good! So many blooms!" or "Oh no, I forgot to water you, I'm sorry!"

Here are some photos of my children of nature...
My red roses - I need to buy a new trellis they are growing so quickly!

My climbing vine - I will show you the full plant when I install the new trellis.

My white roses - we have two plants that frame our french doors.  I just planted the purple plants below. I am excited for them to grow larger.

We planted 4 Hopseed bushes to cover our fence. (I took this photo tonight)

 Unrelated photo...my daughter and her friend, night swimming.