Saturday, January 30, 2010

UH-UH's FLASHBACK FRIDAY [iii]

Once upon a time there was a woman name Uh-Uh.
Uh-Uh liked to glam it up.
Uh-Uh liked to shop.
Uh-Uh had a strong appreciation for the color white.

Some of you may disagree with me and my Uh-Uh about white not being a color and instead a hue... BUT once you set foot in my Uh-Uh's [old] Condo or raid her wardrobe you will be a white-as-a-color converted individual.

Please excuse my ramblings if they don't make one bit of sense this evening. I'm working off of 4 hours of sleep between the past 48hrs [all my own fault and completely WORTH it, and also the reason why this Flashback is on Saturday evening and not on Friday... my bad.]

Back to the business of my Uh-Uh liking the color white:
My Uh-Uh lived in a white walled Condo with white carpets and white couches and white linens.
Everything was WHITE.
But everything sparkled. There were large windows and lights in every room. When I would visit I would always get in trouble for turning all of her lights on in her house. I loved the way her spot lights on the ceiling would make the items in her china cabinets shine.

The shining and the lights and the white-ness of everything in her house is one of the main reasons why I was so drawn to the item of today's flashback.

The white (more creamy colored with age, wear, and old stains) of this dress reminded me so much of my Uh-Uh. Yes, I know the dress belonged to her, so obviously it will remind me of her, but it's more so the White-ness of it, the flow of it, the elegance and air around the dress.

It screams Uh-Uh.
[In the good way of course]


Now, on with the show:

[My Uh-Uh liked her white dresses]

[My Uh-Uh liked to alter her clothing... this dress was pinned in the front. She obviously didn't want to show the world her 'goodies'--My Uh-Uh is a classy lady.]

[Here is a close up--as close as I can get with my busted camera--the dress is silky, pleated (all OVER), and has this added belt to cinch the waist.]

[Here is the back...]

[This is NOT how my Uh-Uh would parade around... not with her lacy slip showing to the world--no siree-bob.]

[I pulled the back down on the dress, pulled up the waist to make it more empire. I like both ways.]

[These are my Uh-Uh's boots... I confiscated them a few years back. My Uh-Uh was a stylish lady back in her day!]

[More of Uh-Uh's dress and her boots! Hollar!]



If you don't know what next week's Flashback is about:

Boots!

I love me some boots! And so did my Uh-Uh!

:)