Monday, January 25, 2010

I SKI, YOU SKI... DON'T FALL DOWN!

I'm back from the ski weekend with the Ceciltucky guys and a few new friends... and I survived!
Lets just say that the worst fall involved a few Coors, a few shots of Goldschlagger, a hot tub, and some ice. The ski slopes were much more friendlier to my body than the last night in/out of the hot tub proved to be.

:)


After a near 3 hour drive we arrived in the Poconos, unpacked our things, warmed up the house, played a little pool then went snow tubing! The $25 I spent snow tubing was the best $25 I've ever spent! So much fun!

Saturday we went skiing... the girls all decided to take ski lessons, which proved to be the smart choice on our part.

[a view from my skis]

The guys one the other hand, the ones who had never gone skiing or snowboarding, decided to 'wing it' and spent most of the time crashing and wiping out in the woods. The mental images I have of the guys' wipe outs still crack me up!

I definitely disliked skiing during the first hour of the ski lesson... our first instructor was douche! The second one was better... a lot nicer and more willing to help.

By the end of the evening I joined the guys and skied the trails with them for the rest of the evening.

The second to last trip down we all decided to try a harder hill--a terrain hill with excessively large jumps. I was all for it. The guys went down first and I followed. Little did I know that the guys cut out before the last big jump... well I took the jump and took it hard. Landed it, but did a MASSIVE wipe out. One that was so good I rolled out of it laughing my ass off. Two kids on the ski lift next to the hill like the wipe out so much they asked for my hand in marriage after checking to see if I was okay... LOLs. I got up, recovered my ski pole, reattached myself to my ski, and finished the rest of the hill.


[a view from the bottom of "the Love" hill that I wiped out on]

I met up with the guys and cursed them a bit for ditching out on the big hill AND for not seeing my awesome wipe out. Then we hit one more slope and headed back to the house around 10.

Back at the house we turned up the heat and the fire place, made some burgers and beans, played more pool, some beer pong, hit up the hot tub, laughed at me when I fell out of it, and called it a night around 3AM or so.

The next morning we cooked up a big breakfast, packed up out things and headed home!


Next year I want to go back, and can't wait! I definitely see annual ski trips in my future! I think everyone on our trip would agree!