Friday, January 15, 2010

I love Etsy!

I love etsy for many reasons. I shall list a few of them here.

1) The people. Seriously, there isn't a nicer online community on the face of the internet than there is on etsy. Special thanks to BeadFrenZ for answering my shipping questions, Brydferth for including me in my first treasury, JesiMari for giving me my first sale and some great feedback, and dollfacelala for writing an awesome blog about the necklace that she bought from me, which ended up leading to another sale for me.

2) It's so easy! The listing process is a breeze, especially since I've figured out what the heck a shipping profile is.

3) The forums. I've got more great information in the forums then I did on any other site that tries to explain Etsy. Although, I guess that goes back to the people.

4) Treasuries! I've heard that they are going to completely overhaul the treasury set up and it won't be such a competition any more to get one (see my last blog if you don't know what I'm talking about), which might be god for some people, but I think it's kind of sad. I've made two treasuries so far, my first of which made it to the front page, and both times I had that victorious "I got one! I got one!" feeling.

5) The simpleness of it. You get to make your own avatar and banner for your shop, but that's it. The pages are clean and uncrowded.

I could go on, but I have to go to bed! I have to wake up at 5:30am tomorrow.... sad, sad day.