Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Etsy Update: 2 weeks later.

Well, I have now had my Etsy shop going for a wee bit over 2 weeks. I've had two total sales (averaging one a week! woohoo!), although one was to my sister, so I don't know if that really counts or not...

Aside from spending countless hours pouring over my shop and searching for new tips and ideas to make it better, I've also invested a significant part of my day to Twitter. As I said in my previous post, I was very hesitant to get it because it seemed so, well, shallow. But as of today, January 2nd (technically 3rd) 2009, I have officially converted to Twitter-ism. It's just so stickin' amazing! There's this whole community of artisans and crafters just like me that use Twitter to chat and share their products.
Since Etsy is designed specifically to be a shopping/selling site and not a social networking site (which I whole-heartedly agree with), all the coolest Etsians hopped on over to Twitter to socialize and get to know each other.

I learned quickly that the basic guideline of Twitter is that if you follow someone, they follow you back. So even though I know exactly ZERO people that have a twitter account, I already have 144 followers, a number that grows each day.

My second favorite site that I have discovered through this process is Google Analytics. After hooking up my Etsy shop to the Analytics site, I can now view all kinds of crazy stats about who views my shop. For example:

-Yesterday, someone from Thailand spent exactly 48 seconds viewing two different pages in my shop.

-Today I got two referrals from my cousin Stephanie's blog. Thanks Stephanie!

-My sister Lara did not look at my shop today. haha.

-The average time visitors spent on my site today was 12 minutes and 39 seconds.

-10 people that visited my shop today were using FireFox.


See! It's freaky how much information I can get from this thing!

Well, that's all for now! I have to go to church tomorrow morning (Nay, I GET to go to church!) and I really should get some sleep, despite the fact that I feel I don't need it.

-Leanna