Wednesday, January 6, 2010

SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY!

My heading sounds like an announcement for a special ONE DAY ONLY sale at some skeezy car dealership... pardon me. Or maybe it sounds like an announcement for a ONE DAY ONLY throw-down-monster-jam-out-of-your-seat-excitement Monster Truck Rally show... (I like that idea better).


Anywho---

This Sunday I officially become a college graduate.


Hallelujah/Woo Hoo/Praise Allah/Mazel Tov/Fuckin' A!

Today marks the first day that I haven't been stressed out about graduating, finding a 'real' job, being newly single, or quitting my current job. Finally!

Today I feel amazingly happy. A wee bit sad that this is my (official/unofficial) last day at the liquor store--I'll be back to cover for the night guy when he needs off--but still, I am ridiculously happy that I no longer have to commute and deal with unnecessary stress and stupidity.

I am no longer a jumbled mess regarding the recent dumping I received because I have rediscovered the amazing friends that I have always had, and failed to truly appreciate while I was in a relationship. Those friends have honestly kept me occupied for the last two an a half weeks and I could not have been happier for their intervention.

I have also come to terms with the fact that I am better off being single than being with an individual who does not want to be with me. Regardless of the reasoning behind the breakup and the way it was (unfortunately) carried out, I am happy that we have been able to maintain a positive stream of communication and (what I like to consider) a friendship after everything has been said and done.

But getting back to this business of GRADUATING!

I am beyond excited.

Cory (the brother), Vanessa (+ baby #2 in the oven) and Brayden (baby #1) will be flying in on Friday and I couldn't be happier that they are going to be in town to share the big day with me.

The family (THE WHOLE FAMILY) is going out for dinner on Saturday night at Fogo de Chao--being the meat lovers that they (and me) are, I am definitely positive that Fogo will make everyone happy. The environment is CRAZY and the food is DELICIOUS and my family will be too involved with the food and setting to really get out of hand (THANK JESUS!).

Then Sunday is the main event!

Some of the rugby girls asked if I was going to have a party afterward... unfortunately probably not with the family in town. BUT next week I'll be meeting/hanging out with a gaggle of people to celebrate after-the-fact. I think I'm just going to declare the rest of January a celebration month.

One more piece of exciting news... I've finally decided on where to apply to for my #1 new 'real' job position. I've already sent my applications out to four options, and will hear back from two of them sometime in the middle of February, but this new decision is one that I am truly excited about. I don't want to mention it yet, but after I hear back (around the end of this month) I might post more.

I'm trying to stay positive and realistic about my applications. I understand that the current job market is a tough one and an offer/acceptance following my first string of applications is doubtful. However all I can do, and all that I will do until I hear back from something is to stay positive and hopeful.

With that said, and all the "WOOO"-s and "Yippee"-ing out of my system I'm going to get back to the final 3.5 hours of my last day of my Towson/College job.

Adios.