Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Treasury!

These are the items that I featured in my first treasury: Where the Purple Things Are. The treasury made it to the front page of Etsy (there was much rejoicing and happiness in my house that night).

For those of you who aren't aware of what an Etsy Treasury is, I shall take a moment to explain.

The Treasury is a great tool for advertising different shops and also showing off a bit of your creative side. The curator (me, in this case) selects 12 items from different shops to feature in the treasury. Usually these 12 items have a common theme or characteristic, although that's not a requirement. Then the Treasury is displayed on the Etsy Treasury list, and shoppers can come through to view the hand-picked items.

The Treasury list is actually somewhat competitive. You can't just go onto Etsy and create a treasury any time of the day. There is a limit of 333 treasuries at any given time, making it easier for shoppers to navigate through the Treasury. So around the time that the number of lists is about to go from 333 to 332, there are 200-300 Etsians waiting to try and quickly create a treasury.

Etsy is actually pretty nice because they make it so most everyone who signs up within the first 30 seconds or so gets a Treasury. Because of that, there can be more than 600 treasuries at a time (treasuries exist for 2-3 days and then they expire). Still, no new treasuries will be able to be created until that number goes back below 333.

So to get a treasury it's really just a matter of timing. I found a really useful site that has a clock that counts down until the next treasury will be available. That's what I used today, and I managed to come up lucky and snagged a treasury!

So for my first treasury (I think there will be many many more to come), I decided to just go with a purple theme, since my shop name is VioletReaction. Here are my picks!


This first one is just a cute little headband I ran across when searching for my items. I think the butterflies are great and several of the commentors on the treasury mentioned it as their favorite. Thanks to kaang for this item!


What a cute hat and a cute picture! This girl's hair is fabulous... I want it! This design can be credited to mojospastyle.


I have no clue what I would do with these, but they sure are cute! And purple... so that's good. :) These were made by Chelleybeandesigns.


Woo for makeup! Need I give any explanation for why I like this? Thank you orglamix!


Just beautiful. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I'll take 5, please. ZoeAndDoyle


I know I posted these yesterday in my favorites, but since I put them in my treasury I'll tell you about them again...
I LOVE THESE! BUY THEM FOR ME!
Of course, made by the fabulous GlitzGlitter.


I kinda wish I'd been born in February so I'd have more of an excuse to wear Amethyst all the time. Like this pendant, for example...
Check it out in TheJewelryChateau's shop.


A pretty purple vase. Enough to make any room a happy room. Made by TheWallflowerCompany.


I like purple. I like bags. This is a match made in heaven. Made by milloo.


Aren't these just the coolest? They're actually little bows that clip onto your shoes. Very smart! Made by toii.


I want these for my future home. Maybe if they are still for sale when I have my future home, I will buy them. Find them in FabulousPieces' shop.


And last but not least, this little guy. Let us all make "Aww" sounds together.
Adopt him in hellobuffalo's store.