Monday, January 4, 2010

WANT v. NEED

It's not that I need to spend money on frivolous things... it's just that I like to sometimes. Yes. I know I have a problem. This problem is one of the reasons why I created this lovely blog, to converse with all of you lovelies in internet land... and to distract myself from spending--WASTING all of my money on crap that I just don't need--on crap that I just WANT really badly!

This blog helps me a little by allowing me to immerse myself in the fantasy of "shopping" online and imagining what my lovely-self would look like in all of the lovely clothing that I find--that I think I need.

Amen to what little self-control I do have left.

So this evening I present (to myself so I don't actually spend any money, but really) to you, my wonderful, lovely (yeah, I had to say 'lovely' one more time) readers some of the cool crap I found online tonight while taking a break from job applications/job searches.

Ta-Da:


Navajo Cardigan
[The Gap on sale for $49.99]
That's technically not a big SALE, but considering Gap for them it is.

I'm not going to lie. I totally dig this cardigan. I'm a big cardigan fan--especially the long ones because they fit my tall body a lot better. I'm not too sure about the print on this, and how it would fit in with my very simple (not a lot of prints) style, BUT I am finding myself particularly drawn to the Oh-so-warm-and-cozy look that this cardigan is emitting.
I might have to get my aunt to take a trip to the mall next week... maybe. I mean she has to go and return the SWEAT SUIT that her MiL gave her for Christmas (BTW--this is not the first time that she has received a SS from her MiL, and it's not going to be the first time that she has returned it--LOL). And while we are at the mall we can meander over to Gap and check out their sales... because (between you and I) the sales in store are A MILLION times better than the ones online. Example: 2 yrs ago I picked up an amazing long, green pea coat in store for $30, originally $200, and available online for $150. Not gonna lie. It was (and still is) the BEST PURCHASE of MY LIFE!

Moving on:

I've been on the prowl for a pair of YELLOW flats (specifically suede, Specifically SIZE 11) for almost a year now after I stumbled across this Polyvore:

Today's Outfit Casual


I know that the image above uses a yellow bag for the accent color, but I want the yellow accent in a pair of YELLOW FLATS (size 11--remember)! I see pairs floating around eBay... ALL THE TIME, but they are from J. Crew, and automatically the price gets jacked up to $50+ and my cheap ass REFUSES to fork over any more than $20 for a pair of flats, especially yellow ones that will get dirty in a heartbeat.

These are them... but unfortunately for my all of the ones on eBay are for sizes that ARE NOT size 11 (DAMN having large feet--curse you Grandma!)

I have found a few alternatives at American Eagle, but alas (I've always wanted to use that in a grammatically correct way--I think I've succeeded) NO YELLOW! Bah! BUT the flats they do have come in cute (alternative colors) and they are relatively Cheaper than the J. Crew flats.

[$11.95-$19.95]


Again with the thought that I might be able to get my aunt to swing by AE... but this time have her swing by my computer when I'm on the site--because they don't carry size 11 shoes in store--LAME!

And once again... back to something that I have ABSOLUTELY no use for considering that I am NOT moving to GA: I really want this Le Creuset Teakettle:

It's on sale!! :)

But damn! I don't need it right now. And this is something that I know that I don't NEED right now. There is a perfectly good working teakettle in my Aunt and Uncle's home that I can use, and a new, lovely blue one would just end up taking up much needed space.

Wah.

With that I am going to sneak off here. I think that I had successfully tricked myself out of buying things for the evening. (How sad is that?!) I'm going to go read the Dresden Files (Book 2) while I wait for my other books--the ones that I wrote my Book Lust List about last week--to arrive in the mail.