Friday, January 29, 2010

I FEEL THE BURN... I SWEAR!

I just completed my first 20minutes of Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred...


Kill Me Now!

Now that I've put my workout 'business' out there... out here on my blog... it means that I can't back out of doing my workouts. I've not told the blog about it, so I have to go through with it. Not only to save face, but to fit into my KILLER RED DRESS I bought for S&S's Wedding in July.
I'm not one of those girls who buys clothing that doesn't fit and swears that they will work out to fit into it. I know myself. I wouldn't do it. And then the dress would just hang there in my closet for a year or two until I finally decided to give it to Goodwill or to a friend who could fit into it.
Well this time I found a dress, retail for over $100, on SALE and then discounted on SALE for a whopping total of $14... Yes I said $14 from over $100. Hollar!
It's a one shoulder beauty. Eh, here is a picture:
It's quite fitting...
Gives me a waist, makes the ladies look good, shows off my collar bones, and has a nice pencil skirt shape to the bottom...
I heart it.


Now let me clarify my above statement about buying clothes that don't fit... This dress fits me, but in my mind it doesn't look perfect on me. If I bought a pair of Spanx I would be happy with how the dress looked then, BUT I refuse to CHEAT that way.
This is where Jillian comes into play... well not really play. She kicked my ass for 20 minutes today and I hate that bitch. I told her so on Twitter... but I won't hate her tomorrow morning when I am physically unable to stand up when I get out of bed or when I am unable to walk down the stairs without a death grip on the banister...
BECAUSE I LIKE THAT FEELING AFTER A WORKOUT!


I'm sick, I know.

As much as I gripe about working out, the feeling I have the next day is the best. My body is sore and tired. My legs and arms feel like J-E-L-L-O and I could barely scrub the soap out of my hair or shave my pits in the shower (TMI I'm sorry) but damn if I don't secretly LOVE that feeling. It means that I actually DID something and my body is reacting to it in a positive way! Woo!

So Jillian and I are working out together for the next 30 days... alternating her workouts every other day with individual workouts in between and days of rest in between.

After today, Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday this is the image I will keep in my mind:


Umm, and this:



[Ugh, Bitch!]
But I heart her!

Her picture on the DVD is not what I see... Not her smiling at me with her 6pack and her tan. Bitch please. You are a mean, mean woman who makes my arms burn and my thighs and knees shake from exhaustion and what you call "the burn". Eff that. Maybe after my first week I will like you a little bit more. Probably not. After the first week (or week and a half) I move up to level 2. I'll probably hate you then, and once again after I move to level 3.

At the end I'll love you a lot. I'll confess my love for you and sing your praises... but for the next 30 days:

YOU ARE A MEAN, MEAN WOMAN! DAMN YOU!


But thanks... in 30 days :)