Monday, April 25, 2011

Outfit: For the Love of Yellow

Necklace: Target --- Top & Purse: Forever21 --- Belt: Thrifted --- Skirt and Rings: Handmade --- Sandals: Urban Outfitters
Today I am declaring that yellow is my new favorite color. I love it with blue, I love it with green, I love it with orange... I love it! The color of this skirt isn't quite as mustard-y as I was going for, but I like it anyways because it's still yellow

Making all these skirts is infectious... I've made all three that I bought fabric for and all I want to do is go buy more fabric to make more of them. All things considered they're pretty cheap. Between the fabric, thread, and elastic I'd say each one costs about $10. It's not as cheap as thrifting them, but it's way cheaper than buying from a store. Plus I get to pick out the fabric with is mountains of fun. With thrifting and regular shopping you just have to keep your fingers crossed that you'll find something with a sweet print or color. With sewing you know you'll get a sweet print or color.
If you have a foot phobia or something, I apologize. I just really like the straps on these sandals and wanted to show them off. :)

Green Glass Ring, Olive Swarovski Ring, Blue Kyanite Ring
Scored this necklace on the clearance rack at Target for $4.48 or something ridiculously cheap like that. Thanks, Target!
Coat: ModCloth