Saturday, April 23, 2011

APPLE + NUTTY YUMMINESS = CHAROSET

Remember that time I told you about my heritage...
and how I was part Mexican (and part Magician).

If you don't remember, here's the link...
And the quote (if you're too lazy to clicky the link)...

"In addition to being part Mexican (you know, because hot sauce runs through my veins all thanks to my birthing in the small town of Yuma, Az--all of .2 miles from the border) I am also part magician. My uncle LeRoy, twice removed, was married to one of those ladies who would get sawed in half by Harry Houdini."
-- ME, circa Feb. 2, 2011

Well I would like to let you in on another tid-bit of my geneology...
I'm part Jewish too.
It's kinda similar to how I became part Mexican, yet still a little different.

Let me explain:

When I started working for the liquor store, my boss and his wife decided that they were going to adopt me.
Not legally of course, but damn near close enough :)
Well long story short, they're Jewish,
and since I'm their "other" daughter
(Not the kind they hid from the neighbors, but close...)
AND I pretty much LOVE all foods related to the Jewish holidays,
(Give me some Matzoh Ball Soup, Matzoh, Gefilte-fish, and I'm a HAPPY girl)

I'm technically part Jewish.

Makes sense right.


Every year Passover rolls around and I get giddy like a school girl.
Why you ask, well let me tell you.
Charoset, is why.
It's DELICIOUS and makes my tummy sing for Joy!


If my bosses wife makes a little extra Charoset for Passover... Guess who gets it?

ME!

If she doesn't make enough... Guess who calls and BEGS for it?

ME!

Guess who is enjoying HEAPING dips of Matzoh in a delicious Tupperware of Charoset?

ME! That's who!



ALL FOR ME :)


Want more info about the different types of Charoset... okay :) Here you go