Thursday, April 14, 2011

Before and Afters from my Days Off

You guys remember the dress that I bought at St. Vincent's and I promised to fix up and make cuter? Well, I did just that yesterday. Truth be told it's still not very cute, but cuteness is all in the styling when it comes to dresses. Rare is the dress that looks cute all on its own. I'm going to wear it styled tomorrow so check back and see how I do.
Eeps, no make up! 

How I went from long length and long sleeves to shorter length and shorter sleeves:
*cookies not actually required to hem a dress.
And now another Before and After, which I shall call Cleaning. Cleaning what? Cleaning this:

This is my beading room, where I make my jewelry. It was actually my bedroom back in the day (OK, so back when I was in the 6th grade), but when my oldest sister left for college I took over her larger bedroom ASAP and this one turned into the bead room.The desk has been getting so junky lately, though, that I was running out of room to actually make things.

The bed, which is actually never used as a bed but more of a packing station and place for garbage that I don't want in my own room, also needed help:

 OK, boring before and after pictures over. A few random things...

Something Cute:
Pippppiiiinnnn.
 Something Pretty:
I've had my necklace rack hiding in my closet for a while but I decided it's so pretty I really should have it out where people can see it. Now it sits on the wall next to my IKEA lamp, above my IKEA fake flowers, which are sitting in my IKEA glass vase, which is sitting behind my IKEA glass jar that hold my pens, which is sitting on what I believe is my IKEA side table/foot stool (I'm actually not sure if this came from IKEA, but it kind of looks like it so let's pretend it is.)
I don't know you guys.... I think I need more necklaces.
Kidding!

Something Creepy:
When I visited Joni in Seattle this past weekend I stayed in her basement apartment, which naturally has its own bathroom. I hadn't really noticed this picture until Joni's son asked me if I had met Gus yet. "Who's Gus?" I asked. Then they led me to the bathroom and pointed out this picture to me. I hadn't thought it was creepy... until I realized they put it there to be creepy. Now I think it's creepy. I'm not really sure what Gus is.. I think it's a sheep, but I can't say for sure. Joni said I could ask Gus for wisdom. Weird.

Wow, this post really has no theme to it at all... it started out with a purpose but things kind of went downhill. Sorry about that. :)