Sunday, May 30, 2010

STRAWBERRY COBBLER


This is me not studying.
This is me doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for the Memorial Day weekend.
This is me baking STRAWBERRY COBBLER!
Can you say Yum?

I found a recipe for Blackberry Cobbler on Ree's site--look at me referring to her like she is my best friend. I've never even met the woman, I just stalk her blog and study her cookbook like it's the LSAT I'm actively NOT studying for... Oh Ree, the Pioneer Woman, I heart you, and your cooking skills... A LOT.
Will you be my friend?
Maybe teach me how to make sushi at home?
I mean we do share a love for wedge heels and boots! And for cooking! And for pretty, quirky, unique jewerly... We have so much in common! :) :)

Okay I'm done begging for your friend-love Ree.
Back to talking aboutmy strawberry cobbler:

I saw the recipe for Blackberry Cobbler on the PW site, and then decided that I needed something to do with myself today.
I went hunting through the kitchen for all of the ingredients and lo and behold, my sister in law has ALL the ingredients stocked throughout her cupboards! Well all that is EXCEPT for blackberries. How am I supposed to make Blackberry Cobbler WITHOUT the blackberries!    <--- That's what I said to myself.
I dug around the fridge...
Grapes!? We had plenty of grapes...
I decided against that.
Kiwi!?
Uh, no.
Frozen strawberries... often used for frozen alcoholic beverages during the spring and summer months.
Uhmmm... OKAY!

So instead of a blackberry cobbler, like Ree did for Memorial Day, I make a Strawberry one! :)


pre-oven

 post-oven



Mmmm... Can you say Delicious!