Tuesday, May 11, 2010

SEQUIN ME PLEASE

I have this uncontrollable desire to sparkle...
It's a new thing.

This sparlkeydesire, will probably, most likely, never amount to anything, but still I just feel like shining sometimes.
It probably has to do with my Glee obsession and my (since childhood) obsession with all things musical.
Everyone is just... so... shiny, and sparkly, and bright, and happy.
It must be the reason why I like to watch musicals when I'm feeling blue, or when it's raining, or when I am in need of a good smile/laugh.

Back to my need to sparkle.
Lately I've been scoping out SEQUINS...
and by lately, I mean for the past year or so.

Seriously, look at my watched items in eBay, once every two or three months there will be a French Connection dress on my watch list... one that is COVERED in SEQUINS.
No, I don't end up purchasing it, why would I?
Where in the hell would I wear a sequin dress to?
Well, other than to wear it while singing along to a Chicago number or some other flashy musical piece while vacuuming the house... that dress would just end up in my closet--I know me!

I took my sparkle obsession a little too far this evening... I ended up on ShopStyle and found many pretty, shiny, sparkly dresses that I think I should have... OR at least be able to try on and take stupid pictures of myself in at some point in my life.

Hey!
Every girl needs a sequin/sparkly dress moment in her life!
No, PROM and Homecoming DO NOT COUNT.

With that said, I am choosing this evening to be mine... well at least mine in my imagination.

:)

One day I will get to wear sequins...

::sigh::


Sequin Shift Dress
$480.00

Sequined Cotton-Blend Sweater Dress
$1,195.00

Black Sequined Dress
$420.00

Sequined Strapless Satin Dress
$445.00

Sequined V-Neck Dress
$550.00

Dress with Mini Ruffle Skirt
$647.50

DAMN!
I LOVE THIS ONE!

Then I found this... 


And my only thought was:

BITCH!

(I'm jealous.)