Monday, May 10, 2010

AN OUTLET ADVENTURE

Last week I went shopping.

Yes, I know I said I wouldn't, BUT I was under a LOT of stress... I had to meet with a family friend/acquaintance about possible job connections here in Georgia and well, I had NOTHING TO WEAR.

I was having an uber girl moment, so sue me.

I drove to the Tanger Outlets and hit up the Banana Republic outlet... my new favorite place ;).

I found a dress, actually two, well I lie, it was ACTUALLY three, but used what little self-control I had left and only ended up purchasing one. Unfortunately, the self-control only lasted as far as the clearance rack because I found a pair of skinny jeans on sale then reduced then placed on SALE AGAIN for a total of $13 bucks (and 2 sizes smaller than my normal size--Woop! yay for extra weight loss from stress)... Hollar!

Here are the dresses:


I purchased the black one, like I NEED another black dress!, however, this is a 10 (WOOP-WOOP) and it makes the ladies look pretty happy. Hey, if they're happy I'm happy. End of story. Also, the dress in its entirety is EXTREMELY flattering. The skirt has excellent movement to it, and as a whole, the dress looks great dressed up with heels and down with flats. 

I would have picked up the khaki, but I'm currently going through a tan-less/sun withdrawl time right now, not intentionally, and I was just TOO pale for the dress.

:(

Retail for the dress was over $150.
I scored it for under $75--I can't find the receipt, I think the dog ate it, or else I would give you the exact retail and final purchase price.


This dress you get an actual picture of me trying it on!! Yaaaay--finally dressing room pics!
I LOVED THIS DRESS in the store. I even had the sales guy grab me a pair of wedges so that I could see how they looked with the dress. Unfortunately for me and my tall self, the dress was extremely TOO short with the heels on. I barely had to bend over in this dress for all of my lady-business to peek out and say hi. Just another very sad day in tall girl dress shopping... dammit.

Now as many of you know me, I probably did not need to go shopping, or get yet ANOTHER black dress, because as soon as the big day came up I found myself STRESSING like a baboon about what to wear.

After hours of unnecessary "girl stress" as I like to call it, I settled on this outfit:


Straight leg busted jeans (Banana Republic (but in a darker wash)--my new favorite store for jeans--they make them LONG ENOUGH!!!!), a black tank (old navy), my old school--needs to be retired--black V-neck sweater from GAP, and the necklace I bought for Sum's bachelorette party last year (seen in photos here) from New York and Co.. Oh, and my Steven Madden/Madden Girl Angalina sandals (Barefoot Tess).



Figures.