Sunday, May 9, 2010

Etsy Birthday Presents

I recently turned 18, and for being such a landmark birthday it was a relatively boring day. My dad was gone on business, I had to play tennis all afternoon, and I was sick. So yeah, not the most thrilling of birthdays. I did, however, get two birthday presents in the mail from my sister Lara who lives in Alaska. She ordered both of them off of Etsy after looking through my favorites and here on my blog, so she knew I'd like them.

And here they are! First she ordered me this gorgeous hand painted cup by MaryWibis, which you may or may not remember from my coffee-themed blog post. I love it!



Second, Lara got me a flower headband from monkeyandsquirrel, which I had in my favorites. Ironically enough, the day before I got the headband in the mail I had been looking at her shop and telling myself that I really needed to buy one of her headbands sometime. Good thing I waited! :)



Yay! How cute is that?

And just to embarrass Lara/myself, I'm going to put up a few pictures of us in our less glamorous years...
This first one is before the Winter Formal when I was a freshman and she was a senior.

This one was before the Veteran's Day Parade. Albany, Oregon has the biggest Veteran's Day Parade west of the Mississippi River, which basically means it is full of cars that have old (but surely awesome) people in them.
This was at our church's Halloween party, also when I was a Freshman and she was a senior. I was just a princess and she was one of the "case ladies" from that show with the blad guy in it. I can't remember the name now for the life of me...


Thanks Lara! :) I love you!